Whether you are experiencing wrinkles or fine lines, your facial issues may not be so severe that you need plastic surgery to achieve youthful, smooth skin. Injectable fillers offer a non-surgical solution to facial aging, wrinkles, volume loss, and other textural issues associated with getting older. While non-surgical products provide endless possibilities to help improve your facial appearance, it is also important to understand how each injectable filler is used to help safely treat separate conditions.
Benefits of Injectable Fillers
From reducing signs of aging to improving facial contours, injectable fillers can enhance your face without the need for major surgery. They are fast-acting, made of hyaluronic acid (a naturally occurring substance in our bodies), and they can provide you with dramatic, eye-catching results depending on the type of enhancement you desire. Injectable fillers can be used for a variety of skin solutions, including:
- Fine lines
- Volume loss
- Crow’s feet
- Thin lips
- Hollowed cheeks
Types of Fillers
A wide range of non-invasive services at Mission Plastic Surgery can provide a complete solution for your skin care and anti-aging treatment needs. The following options can prevent, slow, or even reverse signs of aging to keep you looking youthful and refreshed.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: A dilute neurotoxin administered as an injectable with results that last up to six months. This treatment can eliminate wrinkles in the upper face.
- Kybella®: An injectable treatment that breaks down fat cells over time. Kybella® is used to eliminate a double chin and creates a more slender neckline.
- RADIESSE®: A dermal filler administered as an injectable with results that last up to 12 months. This treatment can add youthful volume to the back of the hands.
- Sculptra® Aesthetic: A dermal filler administered as an injectable with results that last up to two years. This treatment can stimulate collagen production to fill in sunken cheeks and depressions.
- Juvederm®: A non-surgical dermal filler made of hyaluronic acid that can treat facial wrinkles, especially in the mid face and around the mouth, for up to two years.
- Juvederm VOLUMA® XC: A dermal filler administered as an injectable with results that last up to two years. This treatment can enhance mid face volume and lift the cheeks.
During your consultation, Dr. Doezie will evaluate your medical history and facial skin to determine which filler treatment will provide you with the best result. After deciding on a filler, a small needle will be used to inject it into the treatment area. The length of your treatment will depend on the area and amount of correction needed.
You will see results immediately following your filler treatment that will leave your skin looking healthy and beautiful. The duration of your results will vary based on the type of injectable used.
Injectable treatments are the safest and most common cosmetic procedure performed. Any risks involved are minimal, and complications are limited. Possible complications may include bruising, redness, swelling, numbness, headache, and nausea. Allergic reactions are rare.